Dr. Shuzo Shintani
Present position: Director, JA Toride Medical Center, Ibaraki 302-0022, Japan
President, Japanese Association of Rural Medicine (JARM)
President, International Association of Rural Health and Medicine (IARM)
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Rural Medicine (JRM)
Dr. Shintani had graduated from Tokyo Medical and Dental University (TMDU), Tokyo, Japan in 1979. After completing residency programs at TMDU, he has been a member of the Department of Neurology of TMDU since 1986, and a clinical professor (Neurology) of TMDU since 2004. The Japanese Society of Neurology certificated him in 1984.
He has been a member of JARM since 1990 and been currently the Editor-in-Chief of Journal of Rural Medicine (JRM), an official journal of two associations, IARM and JARM.
His expert theme are Neurology, Rehabilitation Medicine, and Home Health Care. His main achievements are mentioned below.
- Shuzo Shintani. Efficacy and ethics of artificial nutrition supply in patients with neurologic impairments in home care. J Clin Neurosci, 2013, 20: 220-223
- Shuzo Shintani and Tatsuo Shiigai. Survival-determining factors in patients with neurologic impairments who received home health care in Japan. J Neurol Sci 2004; 225:117-123
- Shuzo Shintani, Tatsuo Shiigai, and Tadao Arinami. Silent lacunar infarction on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): Risk factors. J Neurol Sci 1998, 160: 82-86
- Shuzo Shintani. Clinical-radiologic Correlations in Pure Sensory Stroke. Neurology 1998 ; 51: 297-302
- Shuzo Shintani, Tatsuo Shiigai, and Tadao Arinami. Subclinical cerebral lesion accumulation on serial magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in patients with hypertension: Risk factors. Acta Neurol Scand 1998; 97: 251-256
- Shuzo Shintani,Shuichi Kikuchi, Hideo Hamaguchi, Tatsuo Shiigai. High Serum Lipoprotein (a) Levels are an Independent Risk Factor for Cerebral Infarction. Stroke 1993; 24: 965-969